Friday, October 2, 2009

Progress Reports for 5th Grade Band

Within the next few weeks, I will begin filling out progress reports for the 5th grade band students.  The band members will be playing assigned exercises during their small group lesson time.  I will let them know next week which pages/exercises they will be playing for me.  I will give them a 'rating' on a variety of different aspects of playing their instrument.  The rating is as follows: 
 1 - 'does this well'
 2 - 'is working to achieve this'
 3 - 'needs improvement'
4 - 'needs immediate attention'.
  I will be giving them a rating in the following categories:  posture, tone production, music reading skills, rhythm skills and lesson preparation, as well as giving written comments.  These progress reports will be sent home with their report cards.  These reports should help give you an accurate assessment of your what your child is doing really well at and which aspects need attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment